Take BEAUTIFUL Action
During the past few weeks we have borne witness to some hideous events in our country. These acts challenge the ideals set forth in the preamble of our constitution, that all (wo)men are created equal and endowed with the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. These acts also challenge the ideals of character that most of us may teach and expect from our children and from those friends in our inner circle. It is important to discuss these events with those persons to reassure values and provide explanation and context. This is especially true for young people as they are discovering their identity and trying to make sense of an ever-evolving world.
We can easily become dismayed if we’re continually engrossed in the negativity of these events. So we, the co-founders of I Am B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L., Inc., challenge you to live out the words of the I Am B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. song lyrics… “take the negativity and turn it all around”. Consider the B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. aspects of our society’s current state:
- Brave – The Dallas police officers that willingly put themselves in harm’s way as they pursued the perpetrator in the midst of gunfire of which they were the target.
- Energetic – The organizers and participants of various protests across the country unified to resist injustice.
- Assertive – The persistent recording and mass sharing of questionable practices and tactics that have led to the loss of lives.
- Unique – The backstory of individual victims in recent tragedies is unique. They led lives as parents, spouses, role models to young people in their communities, and served in our nation’s military.
- Tenacious – The live-streamed video recording shared by Philando Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds.
- Important – The stories shared by the children of the victims. Their fathers are important to them and to humanity.
- Fabulous – The remarkable photography of Jonathan Bachman as he captured the graceful elegance of Leshia Evans as she refused to move from the place where she stood in the street during a #BlackLivesMatter protest
- Unequaled – The incredible show of PEACE when #BlackLivesMatter protesters collided with #AllLivesMatter protesters in Dallas, TX.
- Loved – The obvious love that families and communities have for the victims; and the unity and love being shared as likeminded citizens band together to show collective unrest for actions that impose on the love shared by our brothers & sisters for country and freedom.
Let’s take B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Action and make a collective show of strength to turn the negativity all around. Encourage others to “Take B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. action in the midst of discord”.
Update your social media profile pictures using the IAB meme in this communication. Please tag using #BEAUTIFULaction