September 16, 2004
Girls and women around the world empowered to live B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Lives!
To empower girls and women by building self-esteem and leadership potential.
Dr. Zenobia Edwards, Dr. Tina Woodard
To positively impact the development of girls and women locally and globally.
- We believe girls are more likely to engage in high risk behaviors when they have an unhealthy self-image and low self-esteem.
- We also believe girls are more likely to develop low self-esteem during vulnerable years of transition from adolescence to young adulthood.
- We further believe girls can overcome low self-esteem by focusing on internal strength and character traits such as those identified in the B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. acronym: Brave, Energetic, Assertive, Unique, Tenacious, Important, Fabulous, Unequaled, and Loved.
- I Am B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.™ provides a safe, nurturing, caring environment for girls to learn, grow, and develop a healthy and productive lifestyle
- Increase self-esteem and leadership capacity among females;
- Provide educational and motivational programs for girls to achieve excellence academically, socially, morally, physically, and emotionally;
- Provide guidance and constructive evaluation of efforts toward self-improvement;
- Increase knowledge of various academic, career and entrepreneurship opportunities;
- Afford practical training and a safe, supportive, learning environment which fosters sharing, collaboration, and networking
- Provide opportunities for youth to demonstrate citizenship by active and regular participation in community service and service learning projects
I Am B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.