H.O.P.E. Virtual Mentoring Program
What is H.O.P.E Virtual Mentoring Program?
- It is based on the H.O.P.E Mentoring Model but a virtual 1:1 mentoring program.
- We reach a wide range of girls from various socioeconomic levels.
To join this program, permission from a Parent/Guardian is required to participate.
- Mentors undergo a comprehensive screening process: application, interview, criminal background check, and reference checks. Mentors also complete initial and ongoing training on effective mentoring practices.
- Mentors commit to the time period for the program’s mentoring experience; attend IAB events with their mentees; initiate at least one contact per week. We also encourage a casual check-in between mentoring sessions.
- Mentors focus on positive social, academic, career, and life skills as appropriate for the age of the girl.
A H.O.P.E. Mentor is a caring adult who supports a young person through a guided relationship that will foster the resilience needed for the young person to achieve success as she navigates through adolescence.
A H.O.P.E. Mentor participates in training to learn essential skills and processes to help build a girl’s self-esteem, help her become a stronger leader, and help her set and achieve goals. H.O.P.E. Mentors understand they are to support the girl, not parent, judge, or control her life.
Click Here for Program Registration Details.